- Reckitt Benckiser-Vanish: Prize-Winning Clean
The challenge set by the Global Brand team for the mega-product line Vanish, currently the #1 fabric care product in the world, was to:
- Identify new consumer insights
- Create a platform for the invention of new product ideas
- Drive fresh growth for an already successful and high-performing category leader
Synecticsworld led a full-service, insight project to help the Global Brand team:
- Create and lead consumer insight sessions using Synecticsworld’s successful methodology
- Develop a number of high-potential innovations
- Refine concepts for continued commercial success for the brand
Not only did we meet the challenge but the results exceeded all expectations. The brand line Vanish has seen an incremental rise in usage in their existing consumer base and brought in new groups of consumers through the connection which was made between unmet laundry motivations and existing needs.
The Synecticsworld project also filled Reckitt Benckiser’s short, mid, and long-term innovation pipeline with new products, many of which will be launched shortly.
In 2007, one of the products, Vanish Crystal White, won first place in Product of the Year’s coveted and hotly contested Laundry category.
Revenues from the sales of Vanish Oxi White are expected to contribute $50 million to Reckitt Benckiser’s more than $10 billion in total revenues (2007).